What are the best alcohol rehab centers?
Getting help from one of the best alcohol rehab centers available can be the saving grace to your recovery. After all, alcohol dependence destroys lives, and the sooner you get help the better. You do not have the time to bounce around from one rehab to another as you choose the best one to meet your needs. That is why it is vital that you choose a treatment program that will work best for you from the get-go.
Alcohol Dependence Treatments
Treating alcohol addiction is not the same as treating gambling addiction or heroin addiction. For starters you will need to go through a medically supervised detox program that will ensure you safely come off of alcohol. When looking for the best alcohol rehab centers search for one that offers painless detoxification as a way to ease you into the next phase. Once you are detoxed you have a few options when it comes to the setting of your rehab. As noted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, here is what you can choose from:
- Inpatient residential care where you stay in a rehab facility and therapeutic community for at least 30 days, and sometimes as long as 18 months
- Outpatient programs involving group therapies, such as the 12-step program of AA, and one on one counseling completed after work hours and on weekends
- Intensive outpatient service, which is a mesh between inpatient and outpatient and typically includes rehab for 8 hours a day throughout the week with no overnight stays
Choosing the right setting for your rehab is one of the first decisions you need to make. You may have a family or job that you can’t leave for residential care, so one of the less focused options might be your best solution. On the other hand, if you are easily tempted by your social circle or outside influences, residential care ensures that you are able to move toward recovery without anyone or anything diverting your attention.
Amenities and Services to Seek Out
Every rehab facility offers a range of services that help treat clients, while attracting individuals to choose that particular center for their program. At the best rehabs for treating alcohol dependence you will see the greatest offering of such services. These may include:
- Alternative methods, such as yoga, tai chi, medication or acupuncture
- Outdoors, wilderness or nature based programs
- Various therapies including art, music and spiritual
Choosing the right program for you involves understanding what kind of treatments and services are going to work best with your level of care and personality. Take the time to consider your options before going into any one rehab center. Your life may very well depend on it.