Do you or someone you love need professional treatment in a New York drug rehab or New York alcohol rehab program? There are many treatment programs in New York that can help residents overcome substance abuse. Whether you have a problem with heroin, marijuana or even problem gambling, New York rehabs can get you the addiction help you deserve.
New York and Addiction
The growing population of New York, with a population of 8.4 million residents reported in 2013, continues to battle drug addiction. However, the landscape of substance use in the state is changing. Information from the New York Department of Health reveals that, in 2010, more than 1.9 residents were coping with a substance abuse problem. Among those are an estimated 156,000 adolescents between the ages of 12 and 17.
Furthermore, problem gambling is on the rise in the Empire State. Five percent, or about 750,000 New Yorkers are estimated to have a gambling problem that requires treatment in either inpatient rehab or outpatient rehab. Among those with gambling addictions, many also require substance abuse treatment in a New York drug rehab.
If you have a gambling problem and/or a substance use disorder, seek help in one of the professional treatment programs in New York today. Count on RehabReviews to give you the best information on New York rehabs.
Top Substance Use Problems in New York
According to a 2011 report from the White House, New Yorkers have a illicit drug problem higher than the national average. Among those individuals who seek professional help in inpatient treatment centers, these admissions occur from the following drugs.
Heroin is the most commonly reported primary drug for those who entered treatment. Approximately one-third of all admission were for heroine abuse. However, it seems the use of heroin has been gradually decreasing in the five boroughs over the past several years. If you or someone you know is battling an addiction to heroin, call one of our New York drug rehab programs for more information.
For citations of primary drugs in treatment admissions, marijuana has decreased although its overall use remains at a record high. Info obtained from the National Forensic Laboratory Information System shows that about half of all male arrestees were positive for marijuana, the highest of all substances.
Most recent data from the National Institute on Drug Abuse shows that cocaine as a primary treatment drug has dropped to its lowest point in over twenty years.Still, various individuals who are admitted into inpatient rehab, cite cocaine as a secondary or tertiary issue.
Drug-induced deaths caused by opioid analgesics were reported to have climbed by approximately sixty-five percent between the years of 2005 and 2011. Furthermore, emergency room visits have increased across the board for narcotics and so have the number of prescriptions written.
If you are currently struggling with a substance abuse problem from one or many of the above drugs, please get help from addiction treatment programs in New York as soon as possible.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Treatment in New York Rehabs
Many people don’t quite understand the difference between and/or the reason for choosing inpatient treatment centers over outpatient rehab programs.
Inpatient rehab programs, also referred to as residential rehabilitation facilities, are typically designed to help those individuals with severe addictions. The addict may have tried and failed previously to quit and would like to concentrate fully on the treatment without outside distractions or temptations. These programs are also ideal for individuals who are suffering from more than one addiction such as both heroin and marijuana. Inpatient New York drug rehab programs can also offer treatment for comorbid disorders that exist along with the substance abuse like depression or bipolar disorder.
Outpatient rehab programs may offer some of the same characteristics as residential programs without the security from outside distractions or temptations. These programs typically occur during the day and the addict returns home in the evening. Outpatient programs allow addicts to participate in treatment while still attending to the responsibilities of home, work, and family.
Advantages of Inpatient Rehab in New York
There are many benefits to receiving inpatient addiction treatment:
- Ability to focus entirely on your recovery without the demands/stressors of home life
- Lessened temptation because you are not in the environment that you may have used drugs or alcohol or around the people that you generally use with
- Access to a safe environment with professional treatment providers and around-the-clock supervision
- Medically-monitored detoxification services that help to minimize withdrawal effects
- Long-term treatment: 48-day, 60-day, 90-day or longer. You don’t have to leave until you feel strong enough
- Accepts most insurance and rehab financing available
Advantages of Outpatient Rehab in New York
Outpatient rehab can be beneficial in the following ways:
- Terrific option for individuals who need less supervision when overcoming addiction
- Capability of still going to work and caring for your household while receiving the qualified treatment you need
- You don’t have to put your life on hold while obtaining services
- Many of the same treatment offerings as inpatient: individual, group, and family therapy as well as education and support
- Your family members have a greater role in your recovery by participating in family therapy, attending support groups, and offering encouragement to you at home
- Access to elapse prevention skill classes
- Reduced costs when compared to inpatient programs. However, many programs still accept insurance for rehab or offer financing to individuals with minimal resources
Whether you choose inpatient or outpatient care for your New York alcohol rehab or drug rehab program, the important thing is to take action immediately. Different New York rehabs can address different types of addiction and offer various approaches to overcoming addiction. Sit down with your loved ones to discuss which type of rehab program is best for you.
Quality treatment programs in New York offer you the opportunity to finally regain control of your life and provide you with the skills to fight your addiction once and for all. These programs recommended to you by RehabReviews–your #1 online source for addiction treatment info–all incorporate options that allow you to receive the medical, psychological, physical, and emotional help you badly need. Make the choice to change today.