How to Find the Best Rehab Centers
One of the first questions you may ask once you decide to go to rehab is “How do I find the best rehab centers for my treatment?” You are not alone. This is why there are so many excellent rehabs out there, so to provide the level of treatment clients have come to expect. Of course, as you know from reading rehab reviews, not all rehab centers for drugs and alcohol are the top of line. Why is this? The truth is that while one rehab facility might exceed Client A’s expectations, Client B or Client E may feel let down by the services or amenities. It’s more of a matter of personal opinion. However, there are certain things you should look for when searching for the best rehab facilities.
Special Services of the Best Rehabs
A way that many of the best rehab facilities attract clients is by offering unique or one of a kind services. For example, at luxury rehabs you will find top of the line housing, gourmet chefs on staff, and entertainment that surpasses expectations. Here are some of the other types of rehabs offering special services:
- Executive rehabs provide privacy and intensive outpatient treatment for individuals whom are c-level execs at major corporations so they can keep up with their work
- Private rehab centers are totally secluded and do not allow clients to have any outside interaction or interruptions while they are in therapy
- Wilderness recovery programs involve living in nature while participating in outdoors activities as a way to refocus and rebalance clients as they transition into recovery
- Mountainside rehabs are located in natural surroundings, such as at lake lodges or cabins in the woods, for a rejuvenating effect similar to going on vacation
Finding a rehab that offers special services that are attractive and inherently beneficial to your recovery is key.
Treatment Options at Top Rated Rehabs
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, there are certain treatment methods that have been studied and reviewed as the most effective. If you are able to find a rehab offering the following you theoretically stand a better chance at recovery:
- Individualized treatment plans
- The belief that addiction is a treatable, albeit complex, disease
- Treatments are time sensitive and must be available on the spot
- Treatment times should last for at least 3 consecutive months
- The use of behavioral therapies
- Medications for painless detox, withdrawal symptoms, cravings and blocking drugs’ effects
As you look at rehab reviews for the best rehab centers for drugs and alcohol, keep these treatment methods at the forefront of your mind. You want to see reviews that indicate that these methods are being used successfully. For example, if you see a treatment center that offers one-week treatment plans without medically-supervised detox, then be very cautious as this is not the best type of rehab available.