Where are the Best Alcohol Rehab Centers In the World?
For some people, addiction began innocently, with a drink or two after dinner for its health benefits. Soon enough two drinks turn into two too many, and they find themselves turning to the bottle for lunch break and even at breakfast. If you are addicted to alcoholic beverages, you are one of million of individuals struggling with this type of brain disease. Thankfully you have access to the best alcohol rehab centers in the world.
How Much is Too Much
If you are consciously thinking that you have a drinking problem, then chances are you do. Nevertheless there are guidelines to help you determine whether or not you are drinking too much for your own good. According to the Mayo Clinic, heavy use is defined as:
- For women, drinking more than three drinks a day or over seven drinks per week
- For men younger than 65, drinking more than four drinks per day or 14 plus drinks a week
- For men older than 65, drinking more than three drinks a day or seven drinks a week
- Binging for women is drinking four or more drinks in a two-hour period
- Binge drinking for men is drinking five-plus drinks in two hours
Even if you are on the fence to whether or not you have a drinking problem, if you are drinking heavily as noted by these guidelines, then you are doing serious damage to your body and mind.
Getting Professional Help
When you decide to quit drinking you need to go through detoxification. Addiction leads to changes in the brain functions, as well as extreme physical distress. Attempting to quit drinking on your own can lead to very serious mental and physical complications. At the best rehab facilities in the world you will have access to painless, medically supervised detox. Once you have completed the initial phase of treatment, you are provided with several services co-occurring that will help you move into recovery:
- Various types of therapy including individual, group, family and marital counseling
- A level of care, i.e. residential inpatient, outpatient, or intensive inpatient, that correlates with your addiction needs
- Services and amenities, such as alternative treatments, spiritually guided programs or recreational opportunities, that will help you heal mentally, spiritually and physically
Dealing with addiction is a lifelong battle. Get the professional help you need today to start taking back your life. While treatment is the best route to recovering from addiction, getting aid from a top rated rehab operated by skilled professionals will help you tremendously. This is your time to do something wonderful for yourself. Start by choosing the best rehab you can find.