Where Are the Best Alcohol Rehab Centers in the US?
According to the Mayo Clinic, drinking heavily and to the point of disrupting your normal routine and physical health is considered alcohol use disorder or alcoholism. Fortunately if you are diagnosed with alcohol use disorder at the onset you can get into programs that will bring relief and recovery. If you have been struggling with alcoholism for some time now you are not alone. Fortunately for you there are some of the best alcohol rehab centers in the US.
Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
In order to determine what level of care, detoxification program and treatments you will need when you go into rehab, you need to know the symptoms of alcoholism you are experiencing. Here are signs that you are struggling with alcohol use disorder:
- You find yourself unable to control how much alcohol you are consuming
- When you try to limit or cut back on alcohol use you are unable to
- A great portion of your time is spent thinking about, obtaining, drinking and recovering from alcohol use
- You are experiencing cravings for alcohol when not drinking
- Your work, home, family or social obligations are missing the mark because of your drinking
- You do not care that alcohol is disrupting your normal routine
- Your hobbies and extracurricular activities are left to the wayside and drinking takes their place
- You bring alcohol into places where it is not allowed, such as to work, in your car, or to school functions
- If you attempt to stop drinking for a day or so, your body shows signs of alcohol withdrawals
Dealing with alcohol withdrawals is a dangerous business. That is why you will need to get professional help when going through detoxification from alcohol in a rehab treatment facility. At the best rehab centers you will receive a painless detox that involves medication and medical supervision to ensure your safety. The reason why medication is used is to help you deal with the cravings, abnormal brain functions, related health complications, and physical instability following detoxification.
After you go through detoxification you will be placed in a program according to the level of care as diagnosed by your addiction specialist. Some of the programs and methods you can expect to experience include therapy sessions, ongoing prescribed medications, and social readjustment exercises. In the top rated rehabs your recovering process is holistic, and it involves healing your body, mind, spirit and social networks.