Are you one of the 12.79 million residents who call Pennsylvania home? Are you also one of the 7 percent of Pennsylvanians who reports illicit drug use in the last 30 days? If you are a chronic drug user, you may need professional treatment at a Pennsylvania drug rehab or Pennsylvania alcohol rehab. Find out whether you are one of the residents in Pennsylvania who needs substance abuse treatment and the kinds of treatments available to you.
Pennsylvania Rehabs: Are You Addicted?
There is an overwhelming number of substance abusers living in Pennsylvania an,d the United States who badly need addiction treatment services but either are in denial about their condition or do not realize the severity. Drug addiction often sneaks up on your gradually. When you have the ability to stop, you don’t want to. When you want to stop, you can’t; at least not on your own. Find out if you should be getting services from one of the treatment programs in Pennsylvania.
- Are you spending more and more time thinking about drugs, trying to obtain drugs, or overcoming the effects of using drugs?
- Has your drug use damaged important relationships in your life due to hiding, lying, cheating or stealing?
- Have you separated or isolated yourself from your family and friends because of your drug use? Have you replaced old relationships with new ones among people who also use?
- Have you tried to quit again and again but experience withdrawals and start back using again?
- Do you need more and more of the drug to get the same effect?
- Will you do almost anything to get high even if it hurts your well-being or that of someone you loved?
- Have you experienced financial problems and issues with productivity at school or at work because of your drug use?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, chances are you are in need of quality treatment from a Pennsylvania drug rehab. Don’t wait until drugs completely ruin your life and health, reach out to one of our treatment programs in Pennsylvania today.
Pennsylvania Rehabs: Types of Treatment
Ultimately, it is up to your health care team to determine which type of Pennsylvania alcohol rehab or drug treatment program you should enter. Still, no matter if you are entering outpatient rehab or inpatient rehab, you will receive either behavioral or psychopharmacological treatment, or both.
As the name implies, these types of treatments help addicts to develop adaptive behavior patterns and eliminate maladaptive behaviors. Addicts receive one-on-one, group, and/or family therapy to discuss problem areas that may prevent them from progressing in recovery. There is a wide range of behavioral therapies available in Pennsylvania rehabs. Your team will choose the one most practical for your unique needs. You may even receive several kinds of therapies.
Medical management is integral from the minute you stop using drugs. Many addicts require special supervision and alternative drugs to undergo detoxification. They have used for so long that it could be potentially dangerous to abruptly quit the drug. Physicians may offer a supervised regimen of another similar drug and slowly taper it away until it is no longer needed.
A great deal of substance abusers also have comorbid psychological disorders such as depression or bipolar disorder. Medications may be given while in rehab to help manage the symptoms associated with these conditions.
If you are concerned that you might be addicted to drugs, it is best for you to speak with a trained professional at a Pennsylvania drug rehab. All treatment programs in Pennsylvania that are recommended at RehabReviews provide quality services for a range of addictions. We can help you find the treatment option that is best for you.